PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spreading out ATPL exams
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2014, 03:26
Odai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spreading out ATPL exams

Hello

In January of this year I started an ATPL distance learning course (3 modules), sitting the exams for the first module at the CAA in April 2014. At the time I started, due to personal circumstances, I was in a rush to complete the course and had 7 months to pass all exams.

However, since then, my circumstances have changed and in fact I have a whole additional year in which to complete the exams, if I wanted to take that long. It would seem wise to spend the maximum amount of time studying for the exams, and maybe sit the last exam(s) during the August 2015 sittings (giving myself September and October as backups for resits). This would at least give myself the maximum amount of time to complete the CPL/IR (to be done within 3 years of the final pass IIRC) if nothing else.

On the other hand, could taking this long to complete the exams be looked at negatively by an employer? There would be around 14 months between the first and last exams. I've heard about the importance attributed by a minority of airlines to achieving certain scores and also getting first time passes, but never anything about the length of the period taken to complete the exams.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Odai; 31st Dec 2014 at 04:04.