PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Pilots Not Happy
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2014, 20:54
Widebdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Callsign Kilo "however the thought of people crawling back to achieve four stripes, a permanent contact and a Stansted base makes my skin crawl. Obviously FR are happy to deal with you however your former soon to be reinstated colleagues should treat you like lepers."
@Callsign Kilo. I have seen similar comments on this forum suggesting a frosty reception for RYR DEC who "jump the queue" and get a UK base or similar. Explain these suggestions? Because I never witnessed any Ryanair Pilot take a stand against any colleague, not even the ones the backstabbing ones they debatably should have taken a stand against!

Seniority and loyalty counts for nothing at Ryanair. There are no transparent systems in Ryanair. Ex-Ryanair pilots returning are not screwing anyone. Supply and demand rule the roost not labour agreements or seniority. Your suggestion that certain groups of pilots in Ryanair would be treated negatively, "like lepers", by fellow colleagues is absolutely laughable.

If you have a problem with the systems and contracts in ryanair and how they are allocated grow a pair of balls and challenge Ryanair managers, not your fellow colleagues.

I suggest winding your neck in because in my experience, it is far more likely that the reinstated Ex-Norwegian Pilots will have to deal with Ryanair Pilots hassling them for information about life beyond Ryanair. I know that is what many of us ex-FR pilots spent our time doing whenever we had the opportunity to fly with Pilots who had previously flown for the likes of Emirates.

Good luck to any Pilot returning from NAS to FR, I hope the transfer pays off. It is worth pointing out that some of those looking to return have personal reasons beyond command upgrade e.g commuting has not worked out as expected. The vast majority are happy to remain at Norwegian and try to engage with the company.

Last edited by Widebdy; 30th Dec 2014 at 21:08.