PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 30th Dec 2014, 20:13
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 249 Likes on 86 Posts
First of all, if you are not an Airbus pilot you are unfortunately completely unqualified to draw too many conclusions from this tragic accident. If you are an Airbus pilot, you will know how little you know at this point, and are probably wisely remaining silent. Airbus pilots, and particularly those from the training community, will know the potential issues, but until the CVR and FDR have been recovered will say very little indeed.

My only input to my fellow professionals would be to note that this thread is being read by concerned members of the public, including those who are devastated at the loss of their loved ones and who are desperate for answers. Uninformed conjecture can only lead to further agony for them, and we must therefore be extremely cautious in offering opinions without a basis in fact. The thread is also read by journalists and media professionals who are desperate for a 'scoop' and the inside track no one else has. These people will gladly publish half truths and partial information that do no favours to anyone. I would thus encourage enormous self-discipline and the wisdom to remain silent until more is known.