PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia over run.
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2014, 14:35
Major Cleve Saville

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eclan

Eclan,

You can clearly see the fire services are there to assist in the evacuation. Highly unlikely they'd be that quick to respond in an unexpected overrun such as off an unstable approach unless they took all night to evacuate. Maybe best, yet again, to keep your trap shut until you know more facts hmmm..?
1) I hope in the Philippines the emergency services can reach any part of the airfield in a few minutes.

2) You don't know how long the evacuation took. Was it an emergency evacuation or was it an orderly evacuation using the slides. Typically I see crews in the simulator taking at least a minute on the A320 to deal with immediate problems before even deciding and calling for the On Ground Emer Evacuation Checklist.

3) I am not sure an accident investigator would reach any solid conclusion about the nature of the emergency from this photograph.

4) I am not aware of planned emergencies that include a definite runway over run. Nor would you normally expect fire crews to be in the stopway/clearway ready and waiting if that is what you are suggesting. It is more usual to pick a runway long enough to stop on taking into account braking action, and plan to do that.

5)
Maybe best, yet again, to keep your trap shut until you know more facts
- Excellent advice.