PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin landing gear incident LGW!
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2014, 11:26
LLuCCiFeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Hip hip hurraaaay!

Stop talking b******s old chap. You're making your point based on wing flex?
Nope, I'm making my point based on 2 videos where you can clearly see a bounce and all gears are airborne again. It's almost impossible to miss, unless you're legally blind or heavily biased of course. It's amazing how far people go, quite literally, to turn a blind eye on certain aspects just and only because they are from a certain airline and/or nationality. A lot of supposedly responsible and critical professionals seem to have a standard judgment canned and ready to go: if it's an Asian operator or an Irish low cost airline then everything sucked, if it's British airline then everything was jolly well and "well done to the crew."

p.s. It's a little bit difficult to see, but are those spoilers already deployed before the nose wheel touches down?

p.p.s. Rochelle? I have no idea what you are referring to.

Some video that has been released shows a shower of sparks from the underbelly area of the aircraft on touchdown. This would have been the bottom edge of the wing gear doors contacting the runway during the flare? Once the nose was lowered the contact stopped.
I do not see any sparks and I don't see anything else such as flaps or engine pods, making contact with the runway. For as far as that part was concerned, it was indeed well done!