PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Virgin Blue Ever Operate Internationally?
Old 1st Jun 2003, 12:43
Pete Conrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J.Utah, your idea of Emirates coming here in greater numbers was foiled this week by the Minister for Qantas Anderson canning the Emirates group application to increase flights to Sydney, so your wrong on that count.

Long hauller, typical a comment from a QF employee who suffers from head in ass syndrome.No in fact, I have the pleasure of not working for QF, but as I neither visit these boards regularly enough and couldn't be bothered even arguing about the "heroic" virtues of working for QF, then I won't bother with you.

All I say is whats going to happen from what I hear in Singapore, and the STAR meeting in Washington this week confirmed that. SIA still see aquisitons as a vital part of their expansion. The aquisition that SQ take on in this part of the world, will be part of DJ, and Choong said himself yesterday, they are still looking at starting a domestic operation in Australia. So, read into it what you want, but like I said, it's only you QF employees that frequent these boards and ****e can everybody elses idea's about your airline never having competition here, that is real competition because you are part of a big arrogant airline that does not care about the passengers you carry.

I know I echo the thoughts of most people, bring on a Virgin and SQ tie up, have REX and Alliance as feeders and then we have real competition and real job opportunities here in Australia. If you see that as anti QF, thats your problem, I don't but at the end of the day I could care less.

Enjoy your market share while you have it QF, it aint going to last forever.