PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-777 Head of State Aircraft - Beirut
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2003, 06:56
cedarjet747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to agree with most of the above, Hariri is indeed the Prime Minister of Lebanon and a man deeply respected almost right across the board in a country historically known for deep political division.

The 777 at BEY doesn't see that much action, indeed I spent the summer of 2001 in a villa overlooking the airport and the 777 was there almost the entire time. Granted at most I looked every two days so it may well have done day trips out of the city but I guess like most private or head-of-state aircraft it doesn't get anything like the utilisation a commercial airliner would get.

Finally, Lebanon is a beautiful spot and Beirut a vast, westernised city where your phone and ATM card work, the food and nightlife are fabulous and the people among the friendliest and most talented and able in the world. Great city (except for the traffic), but if it's too hot just head up into the mountains that tower over the coastal plain for some cool air; and the view of the city and the Med on one side and - jewel of the entire Roman Empire - the Bekaa Valley on the other.