PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One for EGPH ATCO's
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2003, 05:44
tampabay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do-gooders

One of my parents neighbours is a similar pain in the ass do-gooder. Any time 30 is in use he calls to complain.
I hate people like that, what do they think is more important, them not getting a little noise or a major airport which brings hundreds of millions of pounds( depends on the airport obviously ) into the economy!

I know this is a little off topic but when i was doing work experience at Glasgow airport i spent one afternoon in the tower and was lucky enough to see a fly by - by an RAF Tornado, the people in the tower told me he wasn't meant to put his boosters ( or something like that ) on till he reached 2000ft but he turned them on after 500ft. About 10 minutes later the guy that was "looking after" me told me that there had been something in the region of 80 calls complaining about the noise. I mean seriously how sad must their lives be if they can be bothered to phone because of a few seconds of noise? I would say to these people "Unless you've lived in your home since before the airport was built, STOP COMPLAINING!" i mean they bought a house next to the airport flightpath, what do they expect? Meadows of peace and tranquility? These people really get on my nerves!

Sorry i went into a bit of a rant but thats me got it off my chest now