PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Pilots Not Happy
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2014, 13:29
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LNIDA,

I have spoken personally with quite a few guys who were told that they would have a "Core" (not permanent employment with a Norwegian subsidiary, but "Core" ) contract after 2 years.

A cursory read of the threads on here this last couple of years should have alerted them to the unlikelihood of this occurring, but , nonetheless, I have been assured that is what they were told at interview.

I don't know if I can lay all of the blame for this on the narcisstic appointee now handling recruitment, or whether it was during BH's swansong, I would suspect the former. I know similarly of many who were assured that their Command would be "just around the corner" if they joined. Again a bit of research & due diligence should have raised their eyebrows, particularly if they looked at the number of qualified / capable Core FO's who have yet to commence a Command Course.

So, they may, as you suggest, be guilty of believing what they wanted to believe, but, the transmitter of this info may also be guilty of (what Maggie Thatcher called it ) being "economical with the truth".

Anyway, they have all seen the real "Norwegian Way" now

Happy New Year, and here's hoping we can take a couple of steps back to what it was we thought we were joining