PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 27th Dec 2014, 18:06
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AA62,

Now that brings back a very special memory for me. I had the honour to accompany a Flight Engineer known as T** Le C**** on a Belize trip (as I recall on OCU crew), where we fought our way, rather than flew to Belize. Tech faults in Gander and IAD ensured our late arrival, and the last real bed I had seen had contained my wife. So, on arrival, with a now going concern of an Albert, we were told that there were five rooms allocated to us on the Cays, a light aircraft awaited and that the "Crew Chief" would be downtown as usual. Our Flt Eng insisted that he needed the practice at putting Albert to bed, and duly decided that I was to accompany the team to the Cays, he would be the "GE for the night". Duly done, our arrival back at the airport next morning saw Albert fully prepped for departure, and a real gentleman snoozing in the Engineers seat. I will never forget the trip, the man and the pleasure of the Cays. Thanks for the memory.

Smudge