PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot over drink/drive limit removed from aircraft
Old 27th Dec 2014, 10:27
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drunk ! I think not

I have no doubt that if the police had given enough evidence to the CPS a prosecution would have followed, if there is not enough evidence ( all you need is a positive Breath test) then it is clear that the pilot in question is not guilty of the offence.

Now I think it is time to reflect on how someone gets pulled off an aircraft for as the BBC put it being drunk and yet the police can't gather enough evidence for the CPS to charge him.

Another crew member is reported to have raised the alarm in this case and of course the whole politicly correct movement swings into action removing the Captain in question from the flight but is unable to gather enough evidence of any wrongdoing. The exact circumstances around this case will probably never come to light but I can't help speculating that with better CRM the case would never have got this far.

Manrow I think the company have no option but to re-enstate the pilot without delay, after all he has been breath tested and insufficient evidence has been found to support prosecution proving he was not over the limit, you and I who have never been tested however don't have the luxury of being tested and proven not to be drunk !

In this country you are innocent until proven guilty .......... Except on the BBC, in the press and of course on Pprune !

Last edited by A and C; 27th Dec 2014 at 10:42.