PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tattoos and future pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2014, 08:53
Probationer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tattoos and future pilots

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but I have been reading sections/post for some time and decided to join.

I want to start my flight training this year and my aim is to complete my PPL and CPL etc...

However, I do have a question which I am open to any comments from people who are currently working in the industry or potentially know the answer to my question.

Before I spend my hard earned cash on my training and eventually becoming a pilot, I have a full sleeve tattoo on my arm, none of the images or writing are offensive but I would like to know if this is going to hinder my opportunities of securing a job in the future?

Is there an option of wearing a long sleeved shirt at all times to cover this up or is this wishful thinking?

I am currently in a very professional job at the moment and this is something that has never been discriminated on but I know from previous post on this subject years ago has had very mixed views.

I hope some one will take the time to answer my question and I would like to thank anyone in advance.