PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check and Training.
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2014, 13:50
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bridgeport, interesting suggestions. I do, however, have a few comments point by point:

1. Why not have an FO on the jumpseat for 3/4 bar checks? He's likely to be far more impartial surely and, if really necessary, side with an under-performing command candidate? Also, I would have thought it would be bad enough having one checker in the cockpit for a check - wouldn't two increase the pressure? Could it be that the candidate might say that the additional pressure affected his performance?

2. You're assuming that everyone reads company communications.

3. Firstly, what's ERAS? Secondly, I think there's a system in place for us to sign-off on our reports. What time frame do you have in mind for us to accept the report as factual? Also, see point 2 above.

4. Is it really that bad that you feel compelled to record a debriefing? Are people that insecure in their abilities and preparation for progression through the company? Is it really as bad as some here are making it out to be? In my personal experience, I've never had an instance where the written report didn't reflect my performance on the check or training event.

STP