PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Queens Speech. The Monarchy at Christmas.
Old 26th Dec 2014, 10:26
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Queens Speech. The Monarchy at Christmas.

The Speech.Was okay in parts, but to me it struck the wrong chord towards the end, and most especially the footage of her on a walkabout with the senior member of the Provisional IRA. This footage was specially selected as part of the message presumably.
I don't feel any particular reconciliation towards him or his colleagues, regardless of the season, and I never will.
So, sat there, be-fuddled and bloated with food and drink, I made an instant decision to reject it.
Wonder if she was made to put that in?
Can you have poppies galore one month (see November), then be asked to compromise massively with your fixed opinion the next?
But the Queens also an old lady, a WW2 veteran and much more, so I make an allowance.

Watching the rest of them on the news at the Xmas day morning service, I was struck by what a massive gang of them there now is. I lost count. When the Queen goes, there's gonna have to be a re-adjustment.I look forward to seeing Andrews pair on the tills in the sales at Poundland, to be honest.
Anyway, I'm off to the traditional northern boxing day afternoons bloodsport-Merry Xmas!!