PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Air PHL
Thread: US Air PHL
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2014, 23:17
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, don't mention it glendalegoon. Happy to help!

I was under the impression that Flight Global was fairly known in the airline industry, considering Mr Learmount being a writer in the paper and on the blog-kinda-thingamajog they have got going on. Whatever the personal opinion about Mr. L, he is often featured in reports from aircraft accident sites. At least in Sweden.

Anyway, back on topic:

And when in doubt, sit it out. EVEN if it changes your vacation plans ets.
This is very easy to say, but as I myself experienced, when you deal with drugs that depress CNS your line of thinking becomes distorted. This does not happen to everyone, and I can not speak for the Capt of this flight, but the general trend is that your ability to assess a situation is severely impaired to the point that you truly and honestly believe you are fit for any fight.

Someone sensitive to this drug combination might thus have felt perfectly fine and fit to fly/drive a car/operate heavy equipment/perform advanced surgery/whathaveyou while in reality the judgement is out the window and rational reasoning is nowhere to be found. To just "sit around when in doubt" does not apply during these circumstances. This combination of drugs makes some people unable to doubt. For them, me included, there is no doubt about skills needed to perform a certain task. And when you have no doubts, you really need a very assertive environment to stop you from making very very bad decisions.