PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uni or not? (Merged 2013)
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2014, 19:48
Rian711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aspirant pilot needs advice :)

Hey guys,
New to this, and although it has been asked before i managed to not find anything in one place, so will ask everything here. Apologies if i wind you up with questions in a period where everyone deserves relax.

1) I'm finishing my 'A Levels' here in the UK, but I'm undecided if i should go to a university in USA to study pilot studies where after 4 years you become a pilot with all the licenses, or should i go for the modular route and complete my PPL in the USA (EASA) and then Oxford to do ATPL/CPL.

2) Will it be worth going to a USA university to complete my pilot training or shall i do it pay as you go from private pilot training schools?

3) Which are the best unis, apart from ERAU and EDU that do the pilot training course? People told me to call them but upon calling them, they said they do some type of Aeronautical Science which allows you to be a pilot (??) - If you think private pilot schools, which one is the most reliable and can vouch for to get my PPL?

4) I've got offers from top Law schools in the UK (I applied to do Law in uni), such as Durham, UCL. But will it be worth it to spend 3 years doing Law undergraduate and then spend another year or two to finish off my pilot training? By the time i'll be a pilot i'll be close to 23-24. I know it's not related but i had interest in Law before i fancied a career in Aviation.

Thanks in advance peeps and merry Xmas