PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - wee weasley, lost it ???
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2001, 18:21
LAVDUMPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
----------------------
LAVDUMPER - you waded in and made the following statement to me publicly "I know it took you FOREVER to find a semi-decent flying position with GONE, but you don't have to be so bitter. So what if this guy will be flying bigger, better equipment than you EVER will. His eventual 777 will cruise right past your piece-o-schit 733. How do you feel now?"

Well I tell you how I felt. Bloody annoyed. So I let lose with both barrels. Which you deserved. Get over it. As you are neither a pilot nor a Wannabe then you need not bother coming back. Cheers. WWW.
-------------------------

My encounter with WWW on the SenecaSoarer thread was unfortunate - but eye-opening.

At what point does a supposedly objective moderator cross the line? Sure, everyone should have opinions, but understanding the context under which the questions are raised is very important. In my mind, a good moderator will understand the context and provide straight-forward advice - not laced with sour words or sarcasm that could potentially upset the question poster - even if reality really does bite.

WWW has proven that he can't have a rational argument without resorting to name-calling and disparaging words - I am NOT interested in continuing that discourse with him again. I was as shocked as everyone else with his immature display - even if he does dispute that. Continuing the name-calling game with him will not accomplish much besides sullying his now somewhat tarnished image.

I think that Capt. PPRUNE should at least consider evaluating WWW and his previous remarks - I may email him and ask him to do so. Restoring objectivity is the goal...

Good moderators need to be objective and professional in their decorum. Given the embarrassing display provided by WWW, I'd say he does not fit the bill. If he does remain as moderator, I hope he tones down his "holier-than-thou" attitude and talk and provides more objective advice to those who really do need it in this difficult time...

That's it - I am washing my hands to this foul display of immaturity - unless someone decides to stir up the pot again... I hope not. Ciao and GOD BLESS!

[ 26 October 2001: Message edited by: Wee Weasley Welshman ]