PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unusual PFD display on a Brand new A 321
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2014, 10:04
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with this GD speed, it is 238KTs. At FL of 310 the GW would have been 71 Tons. As I explained in earlier post VLS and GD remain unchanged with increased load factor but Valpha prot and Valpha max increase in a turn since they are load factor dependant, so their overtaking VLS and GD is perfectly normal.
Hello Vilas,

I'm new on type so I might be confused. But from my little experience and even the captain told me he never saw the Green Dot below Valpha prot. It is usually always above VLS or at high altitude just on top of Valpha prot.

I have a different opinion regardingb the pic.
On the A340 (and could be on new A320) if u change the GW on the Fmgc, this will have impact on Vls and Gd speeds on fmgc and on pfd as well ( but not on alpha speeds).
So, I suspect the pilot has changed fmgc GW.
Hello Rocket 3837,

I might be wrong, but in the FCOM (DSC-22-40-30-PFD speed scale Management) it says:
" The FAC controls the speed scale on the PFD:

the FAC computes: VSW,VLS... and the maneuvering speeds: Green Dot Speed, S speed and F speed...."

Even if you insert a wrong GW in the MCDU it will have no effect on the Green dot speed displayed on the PFD.

That's what I undestand.

Sorry I don't have another picture and I did not fly that plane since.

Thank you guys. Merry Christmas to you all!