PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2014, 03:35
factor-x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact of the matter...

The fact of the matter is that what makes a good pilot, a good person, a good human being, is the willingness to never stop learning and also in our business in particular is a pilots attitude towards safety and towards getting the job done in a way in which passengers can go on to their destinations, plane can be reutilized, cargo can be offloaded and forwarded to destination, and the crew can go home.

For you to mention that A side is better than B side because one side has to do X amount of exams does not mean anything. 14 exams don't mean anything if you cheat on them. You seem to not value how much effort people on this side of the globe have to put into things.

As a human sitting on a cockpit with a mission of getting paid to get a plane with passengers from point A to point B, once you are there the job is to help the flight succeed. You don't criticize the guy sitting next to you for whatever lack of skill, knowledge he might seem to show on that particular point in time, just make the flight succeed and get on with it.

It really doesn't matter if they are from whatever place in the world or from Mars or Venus, what matters is the willingness to get the job done professionally.

Besides, regardless of your background once you get here, this is all standardized. The guy that came in with 250 hours straight out of flight school, the guy that came with 1000 but no jet time, the captain that flew a Twin Otter for 5000 hours, the ex military pilots, we all have to perform within certain published standards that are enforced by AAC, FAA and ICAO. Failure to perform up to the standard and the individual will not get the job. Many pilots come here to Panama to try their luck, many washout at different stages of training. So if you make the flight line you already passed many serious filters, you are operational.

Before you make claims like the ones you have made I suggest you post statistics and serious studies and references to what you claim to be fact. Over here on this side of the world we are taught something called critical thinking, you seem to lack that. What emanates from your posts is nothing but pure racism, ignorance and bigotry.

I would also strongly advise, and don't take me wrong, but please improve you English speaking/writing skills before the next time you fly into the USA you get involved in a serious violation. Besides a man of your caliber should not have the level of English of an elementary school child.

I thought schools in your side of the globe where first class. What happened you didn't get 14 exams to learn English? I'm not trying to be mean, but you started this.