PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F4C versus MIG21
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2014, 20:22
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You will have (had) access to data relating to the low speed AoA performance of most models of the Mig 21, ditto most versions of the F 4. Read it, then tell me I'm wrong.
Low speed AOA data are not relevant, a trained F4 crew would not plan to fight in that AOA region, and if they would end up in that speed regime would use all means to regain energy and thus maneuvering options as quick as possible. Extend, leave the fight, come back when speed is in the green again. I know people who went slow in engagements (training engagements), and I know some who died in doing so. The reason for their death is not written on their grave, but it helped others avoiding the same mistakes. Well, not all learned, to be fair, but I did the hard way.

I expected your comment on my second post, as grasping its content needs an understanding of the whole system, machine, crew, training and command, not only some numbers out of the tech manual. Fights are not won by those numbers , but by the people who are able to use those numbers to their advantage.