PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interpreting those electrical system schematic!
Old 23rd Dec 2014, 11:31
barrichello72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schematic

Hi axl, you must be an angel sent from heaven!! And a very knowledgeble one! I have thought about including the diaghragm but i couldn t figure out how - i am using an ipad -.
But allow me to take a bit more advantage of your knowledge and willingness:
The GPU or external power cart is plugged through a receptacle and then it connects to the battery contactor - where does it go from there? Is it used to recharge the battery through the contactor or to start the engine cranking it up and then to recharge e battery once the engine driven alternator is brought on line?
Power from the alternator is fed to the bus via the B pole - i guess - through the 60amp CB. The other two posts on the alternator labelled G and F what do they stand for? F for field indicating the trickle charge fed by the ACU to the rotor of the alternator through the slip rings to modulate the magnitude of the current induced in the stator as the load and/or engine RPM vary? What about the G post? And also the overvoltage relay is it based on the output of the generator so that if the output of the generator exceeds whatever value it will open interrupting the trickle charge from the ACU to the rotor causing the electromagnetic field to collapse and thus the output of the alternatir to drop? What is the function of the 5 amp GEN FIELD CB? Will it pop if the trickle charge exceeds 5 amps indicating aproblem with the ACU prior to the 60amp CB popping, preventing the itmes from becoming overloaded? Shouldn t the alternator drop offline as well?