PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interpreting those electrical system schematic!
Old 23rd Dec 2014, 10:13
barrichello72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interpreting those electrical system schematic!

A nightmare for many if us who don t have a master in electricity - if such thing exists!
I am referring to the electrical system of the C172, a basic trainer and i have to take note that i am having a far harder time interpreting that schematic than the Challenger electrical system!
For instance how does the battery get charged? By the main bus through the starter contactor and the battery contactor? Cos i dont see any line going from the battery contactor straight to the bus network! So my guess is that battery power is made available to battery contactor which in turn distributes it to the starter contactor, amongst other items, which feeds it to the starter when the key is turned in the START position and to the bus prior to starting the engine and bringing the rngine driven alternator online. Once the engine is running the alternator supplies the bus which in turn recharges the battery through the contactors.
Am I wrong? Anyone would care shining a light on the matter?