PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F4C versus MIG21
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2014, 08:31
Mr.Noritake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've gone to great length to address the concerns of those who have questioned you, so forgive me if I think you do care.

One post, eleven sentences. Not a huge effort. More an effort to be polite as you seem to have adopted a less confrontational approach of late.

Hiding from the boogeyman (Vietnamese gov?) doesn't explain your lack of nuance of the subject

Getting into verifiable details on an open forum would be silly. As I'm sure you're aware, our tactics differed (and still do) from yours. As you're fond of saying on PPRuNe, those who need to know the detail know the detail. Those who don't...

Besides, we're best buddies with you people now. You want to use us as a buffer in the South China Sea (though we're not allowed to call it that any more) and elsewhere. Fat chance.

Maybe we should just accept your opinions as facts without any facts.

Yes, M2, maybe you should.

...will you still be able to answer yourself anyway?

Answering questions of interest to no one but myself is my favourite way of passing a few hours of my day.

Oh, don't fret people, I'll be back in the land of bamboo sticks up the **** in a few months. A much more interesting question for you to pose would have been, 'WTF are you doing in the UK?'

What I am happy to say openly is that I've flown the F 5 and, due to the kindness of others, have flown back seat in a rather decrepit F 4 and was due to fly back then front seat in an F 15 until someone important decided it would be A Very Bad Idea, though I did get a good cockpit briefing and look-see around the beast.

Opinions (without verifiable facts)? F 4 looked and flew like a truck. F 15 looked utterly sublime. You should be very pleased with yourselves. F 5 is probably the nicest plane I've ever flown. Everything just works, beautifully. Easy to maintain, beautifully but simply constructed, roomy cockpit, no vices I could find. It impressed our Russian masters greatly, and I can understand why.

See? I can say nice things about American aircraft and there's no need to go into specifics for me to do so. But the F 4? I have no idea why it holds such a place of reverence in American hearts. I simply have to accept that it does, that you'll never see it any other way, and move on.

Now, I have some Christmas shopping to undertake in the land of the free. I need to obtain the latest copy of a Mig Flight sim in case you ask me difficult questions and purchase some M&S Luxury Mince Pies and Brandy Butter - you can't get these things in HCMC at this time of year :-)