PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering an Instructor`s Rating?
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2001, 21:45
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Cheers for the sympathy lads ... it's a crazy world we live in isn't it. Just got a email today from a guy that I authorized first solo, saying how much he's loving the 767, and we must catch up for a beer next time I'm around Heathrow

clear prop - at the moment the funding for the RAF Flying Scholarship contract is no more, but there is still a certain amount of pressure being applied on the minister by various high ranking RAF personnel, to bring it back next year, albeit in some scaled down form. We were supposed to have a definitive answer from them back in August and still nothing, I guess they're a little distracted at the moment.

G-LOST : yeah I'm going home for a bit of a summer holiday (just can't get used to this bloody cold winter xmas concept!! ). I would love to stay back there and sit this one out until things get better in the UK, the trouble is I'm up to convert my work visa into a proper UK passport next year, it's more or less automatic approval but one of the few ways you can b******s it up is to leave the country and work elsewhere for too long in that initial 4 year period. So I'm kind of stuck here for another year at least.

I'm probably just going to go back to university or something, just do enough to keep my ratings current and put the flying on ice for a year or so or until the airline hiring comes right again. This bloody instructing has left me on the brink of financial ruin as it is, I've got 1400 hours of instructing up now anyway and to be honest I don't really feel that I need much more C152 time to prove my point to the airlines ... I'd crawl across broken glass for any kind of multi time, but what are the chances of that at the moment?

Funny to see all these IT people posting on here, agonizing about throwing it all in to take up flying careers ... take it from someone on the other side of the fence chaps, flying's great and you'll have a ball but for christs sake don't burn all your bridges with your old profession, until you've got that first couple thousand hours of turbine time secure under your belt - you never know when you'll find yourself in a situation like the one I'm in. I just wish I had some other marketable skill to fall back on myself right now, alas I don't really

If anybody wants to swop a crash course in Java programming for a bit of down'n'dirty dual training, you know who to call