PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long did it take for you to get your ppl
Old 22nd Dec 2014, 11:55
chillindan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished my NPPL course, started 28th February and passed my GST on 16th December, 45 hours total time including some solo flying I did just to 'stay current' when instructors weren't available to be in the air with me, also did 3 dual XC flights as Blackpool closed before I could fly out solo to it.

Overall I loved the course and the pace was just right for me (about 4 lessons a month), did about 8 hours of ground school to pass the theory exams and an intensive 6 lesson RT course to pass the radio exams.

Just waiting for the CAA to send me the magic bit of paper now so I can carry on learning

Biggest piece of advice I'd give anyone is to make sure you read ahead in the syllabus and understand the lesson you are flying next so you can ask questions and be prepared, AND, after your lesson reflect on what you have learned, what went well, what went not so well and why. Finally, don't do what I tend to do, which is beat yourself up if something is less than perfect, although that's probably just more a personality thing..