PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2014, 09:11
southern duel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Express

not sour grapes at all. Just saying it as it is !

Re: Runway Occupancy and hourly movement rate you obviously have no idea what they mean and how it affects the overall operation.

An aircraft landing on 24 has to do a 180 at 06 and backtrack all the way to "Alpha" as this is the preferential routeing due to "Bravo's" condition.
This means an aircraft would probably need up to 4 to 5 minutes on the runway before another one can be established on the ILS let alone land (MATS part II). This puts the max hourly rate at something like 10 an hour maximum. Not good.

Re: the handling. it may have won some nice awards but we are talking about extra flights here ( not what is currently happening). SEN will not be able to cope with extra airlines on the current set up and as most people who have an understanding of airports will know, airlines wish to have the flexibility of using handlers they want not ones that they are being forced to use.

I wont touch on other safety issues !! I will leave the regulatory authority to that.

I also notice Express that you have no comment to make on the state of the taxiways or the experience or competence of SEN management in running an airport. Have a read of CAP700 sometime it might enlighten you !