PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth gaining an IMC?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2014, 07:02
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GPS options

The King KLN units are very good and as a control head for other graphic displays they still are an opinion, but the support from King is almost non existent. IMO King have lost the plot with GA and I would not trust them to support even there latest products, since they became part of Honnywell the management has failed understand the importance that using GA as a development tool for airline equipment and so have virtually abandoned any research. At one time you could count on King to support a product for about twenty years after it went out of production, following the support I have received on my KLN unit I would not trust them as even the newest products are likely to have the support withdrawn at the whim of some out of touch honnywell accountant.

This is why my totaly Bendix/ King equipped aircraft is in dock to have all but the DME & ADF removed and replaced with Garmin equipment ( audio by PS Engineering ).

The only game in town is now the Garmin GTN650/750 series the older Garmin units are going out of production, I don't expect Garmin to withdraw product support for some time on the 340/540 but what seems like a bargain now by buying the last of the 340/540 units will look like a very expencive mistake in twenty years when the product support ends and the GTN 650/750's are still being supported.

It is with some regret that I have dumped most of my king equipment as it was reliable and easy to use but I have lost any trust in King to support their products.