PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military awards
Thread: Military awards
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2014, 05:46
Old-Duffer

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Gordon Brown - this nation's finest (sic) PM for a generation - turned up at the first Lord Mayor's banquet in a lounge suit, when the dress code specifically said white tie. To do so shows complete disregard for one's host and a lack of common courtesy. The current Mrs O-D took me to meet Princess D at her (Princess D that is) gaff, in some park in London. We were all dressed in our best 'bib and tucker' as were the many others - that is except for a pop star, well known (as Private Eye would have it) for being tired and emotional - George Michael. His attire can best be described as; casual whilst his general appearance suggested his razor needed a new blade.

As to the 'Millies', I find them embarrassing to watch and hence turn the TV off after a few minutes. I feel great respect and admiration for those being honoured and their awards are well deserved, although in some cases they are awards for having an award. I would much prefer to see a more dignified acknowledgement.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the future. With no service SAR and supposedly no more 'foreign interventions' (Oh Yeh!!), the only thing to acknowledge will be Ebola outbreaks.

O-D