PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Air PHL
Thread: US Air PHL
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2014, 21:54
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
enola-gay

Let's see. You evacuate a plane in one of America's largest cities. And you are thinking there would be no help for you beyond getting you a safe distance from a plane?

A woman is likely to keep her purse with her on her lap. A man has a wallet in his pants. Both would have credit cards and ID and perhaps cash. (at least my wallet would). Either way they could come easily with you (assuming reasonable sized purse for a lady) this is not to be confused with hand held luggage.

I keep my cellphone in my shirt pocket.

I keep essential meds for a family member in my shirt pocket and a list of other meds in my wallet.

and even IF I had all my clothing and belongings burned off my back, I would know that those brave firefighters would get me some place safe and someone would offer me help (American Red Cross).

AS to paying for the help at some future time, if the airline didn't come across willingly, they would be sued.

Evacuating with your luggage is the wrong thing to do and should be punishable by law if it ends up contributing to the death or injury of a fellow passenger.

Sorry, you would not be an anonymous bum. Help would be forthcoming. Mind you someone is unlikely to give you a mink stole if you lose yours, but someone will give you a blanket until things come together.