PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2014, 20:57
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troll the ancient Yule tide web site.

Don't know as I can tell you the answer W8. Certainly delay, diversion and dilution are a part of the external defence system for Sleepy Hollow; but that is not unusual, they've been at it for years. The more intriguing aspect is why the minuscule has allowed this to continue on his watch; there are some 60 serious, far-reaching, recommendations knocking on his door, demanding attention, that's before the tacit and published recommendations of the Canadian safety authority are considered. The list of what I believe are serious' matters is extensive and growing by the day, so the reason for delay at government level could be explained by the sheer volume of and implications drawn from those reports. What Truss should, quite rightly, be able to do is rely on is the integrity and competence of 'his' aviation safety authorities. It must be a shock, considering the amount of money it costs and the wider implication of discovering that the Emperor and minions have no clothes.

The problems are of ministerial proportion and serious. The airports debacle is about to land firmly and squarely on his desk. Consider the ministers position; he most certainly cannot admit to the world that his much vaunted aviation safety system has degenerated into an expensive sham; that the great Australian airports rip-off is about to become public; that his ATSB told fairy stories or that the monster lurking under the bed is CASA. He cannot allow that to be discovered; therefore he must act as the repercussion to his government would be disastrous, particularly as the MH 370 incident is developing a life of it's own, outside of 'his' control. Another accident or incident will place the government at risk, should they not act.

So time, for Truss is of the essence, for he's damned if do and equally damned if he don't. Tough spot his trusty watchdogs have placed him in. Then, being isolated from the IOS, he must rely on those paid to give him advice, the Sir Humphries of this world, to turn down the noise and ensure that his arse in not in the next sling leaving Dodge.

When you add it all up ASA, ATSB, CASA all suffer the same blight, it needs to be eradicated, but it must be done so the public never see it done. That takes time, I doubt the 'statute of limitations' will ever come into play; as it will be difficult for the AFP to define a brief, let alone get it to the stage where the DPP can frame a case; too many locked doors to batter down and little or no political interest in doing it will see off those unpleasant 'legal' aspects. On the bright side though, all roads lead to Rome and the seat of 'real' power is readily identified. Once the Gordian knots on the apron strings of power are undone, things will rapidly improve. One small step, will Truss take it ? who'd know, certainly not I.

Well, FWIW, that's my two bob spent.

Last edited by Kharon; 21st Dec 2014 at 21:14.