PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dismissed Doha controller
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2014, 20:34
ATC alert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Do Not Go to Qatar

As this thread and subject possibly winds down I wanted to say great support from all on this matter. Of course why wouldn't there be as this is simply a case of a very pathetic employer in an extremely backwards country refusing to evolve unlike like most of the region. It and they believe they can use Western assistance without regard for accepted practises of humanity and professionalism. It simply believes it can throw money at any problem that arises including what surely will be a shortage of quality ATCO's given their past, present and future actions. The QCAA continues to taunt controllers to stay with a raise is around the corner and I am certain it will be at some point in an attempt to make amends for their disrespect of the profession.

While a few ATCO's will have very little choice but to enlist in this sub-standard environment due to experience, skill-set, employment history and/or a need to put food on their plate, please see this employer for what it is, a last resort, one that exploits Westerners and one that can't be trusted.

It has been mentioned a few times in this thread (including one who chose to remove their comments) no one is holding a gun to yours or my head, no one has to stay here and we are all free to make our own choices. The purpose of many of these comments on here were not made to be a rant or shot at any controller as was suggested by the removed ATCO but the main purpose (as far as my comments are concerned) are to inform fellow ATCO's in the profession of the true conditions at this contract. It is always difficult when considering a new employer and geographical location to get the real environment and of course you must get many perspectives as ones assessment can differ significantly from another. I have provided my assessment, others have as well. The choice is now yours.

Good luck to my fellow QCAA peers and to all ATCO's working the International circuit.