PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self fly Aircraft Hire in Madagascar/Mozambique?
Old 21st Dec 2014, 16:59
CentreOfExcellence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Katamornono

If Katamorono says it's easy to obtain a 206 for self-hire, please, by all means come to Africa and get down to business! There are so many beautiful places to see. The risks are low. Everyone is doing it! Tell us about your African single engine exploits when you return.

Better yet, let's hear some details from Katamorono, the self-professed expert on renting a complex aircraft in Africa. Give us details on the length and breadth of Africa, even the "easy bits" in Southern Africa. We are all getting a bowl of hot buttered popcorn in anticipation of reading about your exploits, sage advice and words of wisdom. We love stories, even RJ ones. Pictures too!

OP: If you are successful (go for it! YOLO), here are some phrases you might want to translate in to local dialects:

"Why what a lovely AK-47 you have, sir."

"No, just because I'm flying my own airplane in Africa when you drive a pair of sandals doesn't mean I have more money than you."

"Do you have the local number for 911/999?"

"Can you direct me to the nearest MET office?"

"Where is the closest (insert your country here) embassy/consulate?"

OP: Suggest you leave your pilot licence at home and charter or take a guided aerial safari. You'll save money and likely your life.