PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I think I'm barred from flying any plane, ever :(
Old 21st Dec 2014, 13:20
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrBoeing,

It sounds to me that your objective is to fly, a worthy goal, and you're in the right place to discuss it. I have not walked the mile in your shoes, and have no idea about meds medicals (as applicable to this situation) and so forth. I have nothing to offer on that side of things. I do know about "getting into aviation" though.

Start (or continue) slow and steady. Align yourself with a mentor, or small group (perhaps help with an amateur build or restoration project). Pitch in with their project. Focus less on your end goal of piloting right now, and more on the goal of getting involved, and being a part of something aviation. Any time you're working around planes, you're among people who fly them - show them that they can respect your enthusiasm and commitment, and they will...

This will mean dedication, and lots of your time and effort. But two things reward you from that: No matter what team effort you're involved in in aviation, you can't help but learn, and there are endless things to learn in this industry. Secondly, your effort and dedication in any group is reflected back to you, you'll get back what you put in - though sometimes you've got to put in a bit extra for a while first.

Your commitment to aviation, and dedication to whatever you get involved in could well become a really positive focus for you, and give you inspiration to work forward positively toward your long term goals. After a while, you may find that the things you want for yourself are just evolving around you, much to your liking....