PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manning Undershoot Imminent?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2014, 04:32
Training Risky

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
And I don't believe in the "a big boy (i.e. the Politicians and CDS/COS') made me do it and ran away" theory
I beg to differ....

Was it CDS who sexed up the dodgy dossier? Was it CAS who was attached to Dubya's ar$e throughout 2001-2003? Was it the chief loggie who refused to allow the armed forces to conduct appropriate pre-deployment training and post-conflict reconstruction?

I think you will find that these particular gems sit squarely in ZANU-Labour's lap.

all those in Uniform from 2001 - 2014 are culpable in some way shape or form for the loss of TELIC and HERRICK.
I find that quite insulting. I reach my 16-year AFPS 75 point next year. I have been on ISTAR/kinetic targeting/intelligence analysis in support of COIN ops for 10 years. I did my best and now have had enough.

I suppose our colonial record in Afghanistan from the 19th century to today is all the fault of the Army and RAF, and nothing at all to do with Whitehall's utter failure to ever fully understand the region. And nothing to do with their constant willingness to send us into a badly-planned, unwinnable sh!tstorm every time!!