PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2014, 21:05
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tis the season now of folly;

Sunny – "[Truss] review worthless"
Don't know as I can agree Sunny. Before the whole cartload of change (AAI recommendations, Forsyth recommendations, TSBC recommendations, ATSB Pel-Air review) can be delivered at the current glacial pace, there has to be a hiatus. Christmas break, new DAS, new bored members; and, probably a new Minuscule (gods willing, weather permitting). It's been a tiring year, the Senate committees have moved a mountain even if it was perforce at a suitably dignified 'parliamentary pace'.

Before the proposed changes and policy kick in, any licks CASA wanted to get in must be taken now. If Jabiru can hold on and generate a sustainable rebuttal; then, perhaps in the new year there will be an opportunity for 'sensible' discussion leading to a solution. There is, at face value, 'a case' for both parties to argue which, 'in the heat of battle', precludes a balanced approach; it will be down to the 'judge' to make a 'safe' ruling.

CASA believes that 'top cover' will be enough to prevent any serious ordinance impacting on their bunker. It is an incorrect, flawed assumption. The top cover will melt away to protect it's own rice bowl, when the going gets tough. How tough?, well that remains to be seen, but what with airports becoming a hot topic, Pel Air trailing along behind, ASA in the gun, ATSB due for a roasting and a very cranky Senate committee driving the bus; I'd say once Heff and his crew have had enough Christmas pudding and a surfeit of Damson gin; things just may become a little warmer over at Sleepy Hollow. They are after all the most vulnerable target, located in an almost indefensible position, with the most to hide, from a determined, well supplied opposition.

Could all turn to worms, as it has in the past, but by the pricking of my thumbs and the smell on the breeze, I'd say it will be an 'interesting' next twelve month.

It may seem as though little has been achieved since last Christmas; but I believe the goal posts have been firmly relocated in the right place; up to the teams now to play up, run hard and do strong.

Toot toot......