PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wondering what everyone is paying for 100LL
Old 20th Dec 2014, 16:31
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Some charge more, some less... and checks are only used in certain countries (France comes to mind) and ever less - at most places it is either cash or plastic money.

In many European countries, there is a tradition for microlight fields to offer free landings - with "free" in the double meaning of no pay AND no restrictions apart from the legal.

Other fields will always charge a landing fee, in my own lucky country it is often a symbolic 5 euros but in the UK and in the Netherlands the authorities try to force aerodromes to be economically self-supporting companies which forces them to charge rather more. Plus there may be legal requirements like for fire fighting equipment or certified radio operators. AFAIK only France still keeps up the concept of publicly funded aerodromes like I understand you have in the USA.

BTW what was meant by "you all" is not entirely clear, I can only speak from my own position. What things are like in Latin America or Asia or Africa I have not the faintest idea.

Last edited by Jan Olieslagers; 20th Dec 2014 at 16:59.