PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hip Replacement
Thread: Hip Replacement
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2014, 15:15
Clare Prop

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts
I had THR on the right side in July. I was told ten to twelve weeks off work but was back at work six weeks later after the surgeon was satisfied I could put all weight on that leg and my DAME wanted to see me climb in and out of a Cherokee. I am an instructor in two and four seaters so much potential for twisting when getting in and out and having to override students doing wierd things with pedals on touch-and-goes.

I saw an exercise physiologist before the op who gave me lots of exercises and as soon as the staples were out I was also swimming and riding my exercise bike and doing lots of weights. I didn't see a physio after leaving hospital and did DIY. hydrotherapy at home. The worst thing was not being able to drive though I did get tentatively behind the wheel after three weeks I soon realised my mistake and hubby had to take over!

I had considerable leg length discrepancy before the op, now they are the same length and I'm getting a lot of knee pain and am still quite lame but have had no problems in my work.

Good luck!