PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gapan - Pilot Aptitude Assessment
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2001, 14:11
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

BEagle
Thanks for the kind words, and you’re right about that smile. If the grin I get at Vr in a C152 is anything to go by, I can’t wait to get my sweaty palms on a 737!

Sagey
Yes, the rudders control lateral movement and the joystick controls the vertical. It seems strange at first, but you very quickly get used to it.

Little Fly Girl
The GAPAN tests are tailored to airline training, as opposed to military. I believe that they just use a selection of the available tests, although someone like WWW could give you a lot more information on this subject.

GAPAN claim that you cannot prepare for these types of test, and previous flying experience is of no advantage. I’m a bit dubious, as I’m sure that a mis-spent youth in front of Flight Sim has sharpened my responses on the joystick, and I’m certain that flying experience has made interpreting instruments quicker and easier. That said, I think WWW has sat these tests about 8 times, and managed to improve his score by only a few percent, so perhaps the difference is all in the mind.