PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One for EGPH ATCO's
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2003, 22:52
callyoushortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

OOoooooooooohhh how we laughed!!!!!

People like this guy never cease to amaze me. They're just do-gooders with more time than sense on their hands.
I'd be intruiged to know if the guy has ever flown with the airline in question for a start, and since he's worried about aircraft fuel dumping when taking routings into Edinburgh, if he's ever been on an aircraft that in the course of a normal flight has dumped fuel. I know it's not a long time, but I've been a controller for 4 years and haven't seen it happen yet.

It has to be said to that due to noise restrictions the shortest final allowed for aircraft over 5700kgs is 5 miles, which then makes flying over the city somewhat more difficult. Not impossible I admit. Needless to say, if aircraft chose their own track onto approach we'd have chaos!!!

I'm not eloquent enough to reply to this guy but I'd like to see someone do so. Even if it's not an EDI based person, the point he brings up about low cost carriers 'cutting corners' into the airfield is ludicrous, as I'm sure other controllers could testify. We all know some do it more quickly than others but I think cutting corners is harsh.
Where this guy gets his 'feelings' about low cost carriers is beyond me........I wish these people would butt out