PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG/Aer Lingus
Thread: IAG/Aer Lingus
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2014, 00:58
Una Due Tfc

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
If IAG bought EI, there's no point in both BA and EI doing DUB/LHR, because from a regulatory/competition point of view, they are the same company. Same with BHD. KLM would return to DUB and possibly ORK because that code share would be toast. 24 EI slots combined with how many BA for DUB? 7? And how many for BHD? Between the 2 carriers we are talking well over 500 million pounds in slot pairs to the Island of Ireland. I can see maybe 10 being operated by EI widebodies from DUB, with the current schedule being maintained from the other 3, with UK competition authority and Irish government insisting on maybe 8 being given to somebody else, but who? I doubt FR would be interested, or BE. Stobart? No way. Cityjet....there's a thought..... but yes I think it's a dead cert EI would be moved to T5 in IAG, I mean Iberia are there aren't they?

Anyway the slots left over can be given to the LGW 777 fleet, to be replaced at LGW by EI widebodies, if at all! Only remaining question is where BA can send those extra triplers

Last edited by Una Due Tfc; 20th Dec 2014 at 01:11.