PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Express
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2014, 11:34
highflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That my boy I agree with you on it is truly where we would like to be poor. I think most are unrealistic about what they can get out of life. The way it sounds is like most of these pilots want to move to Hong Kong and bring along their families and apparently bring in all the bread without their spouses having to work. Not only in Hong Kong but anywhere in the world, not on a pilots salary at least. The air quality thing yea that's a bad situation but I'll relate it to the caribbean again during the hurricane season the people have no idea how much Sahara dust is in the air the whole time bring who knows what with it. I've heard most days the visibility is around 8km and on other days it's clear. In the southern caribbean their is an island of the coast of Venezuela called Curaçao and they have an oil refinery you want to talk about air pollution the air stinks sometimes and the fumes stay in the air a long while. My mental picture of Hong Kong is like that of New York a concrete jungle. New York's air quality is **** too man Las Vegas also and out west there is also the dust in the air. After a few drops of acid rain not even a car will look shiny anymore lol. I can't really say much about the food but most US foods aren't healthy either. With all those additives in it heart attack waiting to happen. I think most people find Qatar or Emirates the best choices but again you have air pollution and dust in the air but your salary is tax free though . To me it consist of 2 questions first like you said "Where would you rather be poor?" And secondly "How long would you like to stay poor?" Just remember poor is a state of mind and everyone's defination of poor is different.