PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia recruiting
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2014, 11:12
Big Colin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok fair enough, here are some Qs:

1. Training- How tough is it? Was it difficult to adapt from one method of working to a new way? What are the methods/ systems used….I'm from the UK and we use Strips, Radar Screen & a telephone panel and the primary technique used to control is the strip scan….are there similarities or would it be starting from scratch? Can someone explain the Eurocat system? Is there a decent pass/validation rate or are there numerous fails? Time to initial validation? Any tips/pitfalls to look out for?

2. Sectorisation- I have been offered en-route in Melbourne. Any insight into the sectors & style of controlling required? What are the busy times for the sectors…how complex are they?

3. Working life- what is the shift pattern, time off etc? Is ASA a good company to work for? Is there a social scene with folk from work?

4. Visa- the initial visa & contract runs for 4 years….this concerns me slightly….how does this work? Do we get PR after the 4 years & do ASA offer a permanent position at the same time? Anyone ever been turned down?

A bit of a barrage of Qs but if anyone could answer some of them I'm sure it would be helpful for folk looking in! Thanks in advance.