PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contacting CAA
Thread: Contacting CAA
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2014, 06:33
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contacting CAA

I need your advice please. It's been a while since I flew as crew on the UK register and I need to check facts.

The situation is this; My wife recently flew domestically in the UK. A female pax who had boarded the aircraft offloaded herself once she had discovered that she had lost her wallet. The woman disembarked, and the crew then conducted a security search of the overhead compartments in the row, and adjacent rows only, where the passenger had been sitting. Once this was complete and nothing found, they closed up and got on their way.

Last time I flew, the requirement was that the entire cabin be security searched, working on the assumption that an I.E.D. might not have been placed in the most obvious area.

My wife has written to the airline twice asking for comments, each time receiving an answer that did not address the issue.

Two questions. Firstly, has anything changed recently? Is a partial cabin search acceptable under these circumstances? Secondly, It is difficult to know how to escalate this to the C.A.A. - Does anybody know the address, email or online form where this apparent non-compliance can be reported?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.