PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edgehill/Shenington
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2003, 20:00
pbloore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

I've only just noticed your post. The crowd at Edgehill are very friendly and helpful, and the advice you've been given is all good. None of the surfaces are particularly smooth so I would go for a smooth short field landing to minimise the bumps.

You will need to keep a very good lookout for gliders in particular (on a good day they will probably mostly be circling under cumulus clouds especially those with dark flat bases), and bear in mind that they can winch and aerotow launch.

It would probably be worth trying calling them on 129.975 which is the universal gliding air/ground frequency - bear in mind that all the gliding clubs use this frequency and the RT is likely to be non standard.

I fly out of Bidford which is also a gliding site (both in power and gliders) and so long as you give precedence to the gliders and fit in with them there should be no problem. Bidford is strictly PPR due in the main to noise issues and I guess Edgehill is the same. I've always phoned up first out of courtesy if nothing else.

Have fun

Paul :-)