PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How the b!@@*y H**!! did they get hold of this?
Old 18th Dec 2014, 16:11
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Troubled as I am, I'm certain of a few things:

Those files were there in the first few minutes of experiencing 'Drive' for the first time.

I have not looked at that chapter for many months, let alone sent it to anyone.

I did not sign up for "Drive", it seemed to be offered to me with some free space upon receiving and opening my pal's pages for me to edit. Indeed it took a few moments for me to take on board what the samples were. And, a few more minutes to realize the full implications.

Could my pal have sent them? Despite having received some of the rough pages years ago, he never had possession of that completed chapter, and anyway, the house sale document is private, though it occurs to me it may well have been sent on g-mail during the sale of the house.

It is a fact that I may have sent the entire book to Kindle via g-mail, some 700pages, but to pluck out one chapter and store it for years? Inconceivable.

It leaves me with two possibilities: One, that the files were plucked during a large g-mail transmission. Or, they were randomly plucked from my hard drive as samples.

Last night I was promised (in writing) a call back from the Contact Us customer care department. The box said 1 minute. The call never arrived.

I of course hope that the files stop at my system - just a promotional gimmick - but I'm no longer sure of anything.