PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How the b!@@*y H**!! did they get hold of this?
Old 17th Dec 2014, 21:56
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
How the b!@@*y H**!! did they get hold of this?

I wasn't aware of Googoo drive. I was aware of Clouds but only touched on Dropbox for a quick look. I may have put a .jpg on for a test, but nothing whatsoever else.

Yesterday, a pal sent me a chapter of his book to be proofread and there, at the bottom of the screen, was a button to press for Goo Drive. He'd mentioned it, but I just read his file from g-mail with no download. As I neared the end I looked at the Goo Drive button offered out of curiosity and was puzzled to see one of my book's chapters as a sample file.

My novel, such as it is, represents years of work. It was written in Word Perfect and converted to Word in the last few years. It was in that form when it was sent to Kindle. NEVER has it been entrusted to a Cloud, yet there it was. A sample for me to try the system on. It was in a .docx form but read by their docx reader.

It is a chapter that is NOT included in the free sample for Kindle readers.

Every minute I'm more concerned and angry about this. I hope there's a logical reason, or some mistake I've made, but I have a gut feeling that's not the case. Does anyone know just how this could have happened?

EDIT: I've just noticed another file on this 'Drive'. It is a form called a seller's disclosure list, by Texas Association of Realtors. Or something like that. It has both my wife's and my signature clearly visible along with all the boxes we ticked re the state of the house. I'm totally at a loss.

Last edited by Loose rivets; 17th Dec 2014 at 22:08.