PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Important British Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2014, 19:58
joy ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am fascinated in aviation history and engineering but not particularly expert on either so I am grateful for the fascinating discussion and explanations here.

I am now fully convinced that Concorde should be on the list, Anglo-French or not, I admit I always hoped that I could be persuaded!

I feel that perhaps the Vimy should not be on the list if that excludes the Trident and/or 111, so which one, or both of them do we add to a list of the world's 25 most precedent-setting planes?

So I now have Cayley's glider(s) in my non-negotiable FIRST FOUR precedent-setters, (which no-one has challenged) then:

Viscount
Comet
Trident and/or 111
Concorde

So with your comments I am now proposing that 5 or 6 British planes belong in Stepwilk's list of the world's 25 "Most precendential airplanes of all time".

Do we all feel honestly that Britain (with France in one case!) has contributed THAT many, when you have to consider some of the fine planes in Stepwil's opening list?

And if so, what can we say and do to amicably persuade Stepwill and others to start taking an interest in our achievements and including these five or six internationally important British and Anglo/British planes in their lists, books, TV shows, films etc..?