PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Shepherd
Thread: The Shepherd
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2014, 17:00
Haraka

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
As its nearly Christmas.....
I was fortunate in my early years (late 60'S, early 70's) to spend many months resident in the No 1 Mess of the Royal Air Force . i.e Farnborough.
One of our retired Flying Medics told of being one night in foul weather , totally 'uncertain of position' ,with a misbehaving Anson and communication collapses.
As the stress levels went up,he was suddenly aware of a "presence" in the cockpit. He recognized this as a friend who had died on Meteors some months previously, and calmed down as he felt his friend "guide" him out of the situation and to a final safe conclusion.

All totally irrational, and one of the pioneer RAF Flying Doctors could have been considered well out of order in telling the story to a susceptible young officer pilot.

Equally irrational was the quiet chat I was invited to have with the RAF's then leading ENT ( Ear ,Nose and Throat) Senior Officer Medic who talked me through -with sketches, of an encounter with a large UFO which took off in front of him and his wife and disappeared up in to the sky in the Badlands of Arizona.....

Last edited by Haraka; 17th Dec 2014 at 17:28.