PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How I feel about all of it
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2014, 13:06
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know if you talk about me captain weird , but yes I work as Flight Attendant in a German Regional. I am very thankful that I got this opportunity. I learn a lot. While not active but proceeding I sit pretty often in cockpit during the flight. So I see already new things and learn from it.

Everything what you can do else then flying in the aviation world could help you later. And it might be your foot between the door to a pilot job.

For me, until then I work hard and do my job as FA as good as possible.
Even when I have to fly early, I wake up with a smile. Knowing that I will be up in the sky that day.

Forget about all the P2F crap. That is horrendous.

Dont be affraid that you stay behind.
I also passed everything first attempt. Had highest average. Well it did not give me a job yet. Also applied in Ryan Air. Still in the system, but NO answer. Did some research on airlines before I send CV out, but did not work out yet. But I had 6 classmates. Since my school was very international we had lot of eastern europeans.

- 1 got job on Dash in Air Baltic within 3 months. Did not have to pay for TR since he is Lithuanian.

- 1 is son of an high guy in Tajikair. Is now flying B757.

- 1 has dad with financial good situation so he is doing P2F in Kazachstan by blacklisted airline on B737CL.

- 1 Ukranian finished his Master Engineering after graduation. After that I dont know. Have no contact with him.

- 1 Russian was still young when he finished training and had to go in Military service.

- 1 Russian was a guy I totally not liked at all. So no contact with him either.

- and myself working as FA in German Regional. Where I am actually very happy .

It is good that you make some hours while being FI. But cmon 1 year. I also graduated 1 year ago. It is still nothing.

Think outside the box young guy. I wish I was your age. Life has still to start for you.
Networking is extremely important.

I also had 2 opportunities straight out of school, but I turned those down. 1 P2F where one of my classmates is in Kazachstan.
The other one had to pay also for TR . Then get Permanent Summer Contract which means in the few summer months I would fly some hours. In winter I would be jobless basically. Paid only per Block Hour 13 eu. So you can imagine why I said NO I guess.

Good Luck .