PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World Airforces
Thread: World Airforces
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2014, 15:08
Mr.Noritake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed, Mr Navigator.

Whenurunhappy:

No need to be rude. I'm sure - if you try very, very hard - you can manage to be pleasant if not actually polite.

I'm obviously thinking of a scenario with which you're clearly unfamiliar, but which has, nevertheless, been seriously modelled by the likely participants.

I'm also aware that modern combat aircraft do not fly, Biggles-like, into the wild blue yonder to go mano-a-mano with an evil foe, but thanks for the heads up about the other important technical things you mentioned. I shall look them up in my 'Boys book of Aircraft and Other Important Technical Things'.

Should the sky fall in and the utterly amazing F 35 and it's even more amazing elder brother, the F 22, plus assorted Other Important Technical Things decide to defend the Taiwan Straits, I assure you they'll be meeting something other than 50 rusting Mig 17's flopping around the sky without any form of control.

However, without giving the game away, I'm sure that even you - if you think in an asymmetric manner (I know, it's not something taught at your Staff Colleges) - can work out that they may have a role to play in disrupting the highly structured and not very adaptable Western Command and Control Systems.

Sun Tzu should have said: 'Believing in your own invincibility against a theoretically less sophisticated adversary is only going to end in tears, and they'll likely be yours.'